How To Donate A Mobile Home In Arizona
Your mobile home has definitely been of help for as long as you remember and has served you through the years as your home. And a question we often come across from mobile home owners has constantly been, “how do I make use of or get rid of my old mobile home?’’
When you have reached the point of exploring the various options to get it off your hands, you may encounter the constant question of whether or not you should donate your mobile home in Arizona. It’s a reasonable concern regarding how to get rid of old mobile homes, and there are various reasons you may consider donating.
Donating such a property with sentimental value can trigger feelings of compassion and joy in witnessing it used for a good cause. It is also rewarding to give back to your community or neighbors.
And to top it all, you won’t have to worry about your tax obligation. If your organization of choice is qualified, you may take advantage of itemizing such a donation on your Form 1040. For your donation to be tax-deductible, the organization you are donating to must meet the qualifications.
Need to donate your mobile home? Give us a call (480) 462-6575 or fill out the contact form below:
Can I donate a mobile home?
Yes, donating your manufactured home is possible, regardless of its shape or form. Donating your manufactured home can provide a substantial tax break for you and benefit those in need. There are steps to take that we will discuss further down. There are several organizations including Phoenix Mobile Homes → ready and willing to accept your mobile home donations, such as:
Phoenix Mobile Homes
Phoenix Mobile Homes is a mobile home dealer and buyer in Phoenix, Arizona, that also accepts mobile home donations. If you have a mobile home that you would like to donate in Arizona, you can contact Phoenix Mobile Homes of Arizona to discuss the donation process. They will assess the condition of the home and determine if it meets their donation criteria. If accepted, we will handle the transportation and removal of the mobile home from your property at no cost to you.
Donate your mobile home! Give us a call (480) 462-6575
The fire departments in Arizona
Your home might be rugged up or of no use to you, but among the organizations or departments that will put it to use is the fire department. Taking the effort to remodel it or give it a new face may not be worth the effort. But you can donate a mobile home in Arizona to your local fire department will provide one last purpose to your mobile home. In most cases, your mobile home is used by your local fire department for training purposes. In this case, firefighters will sharpen their skills using a controlled real fire that will prove helpful to them. In addition, you could ask them how possible it is to get a deduction on tax on the house.
|Phoenix Fire Department||150 S 12th St, Phoenix, AZ 85034|
|Tucson Fire Department||300 S Fire Central Pl, Tucson, AZ 85701|
|Mesa Fire and Medical Department||13 W 1st St, Mesa, AZ 85201|
|Chandler Fire Department||151 E Boston St, Chandler, AZ 85225|
|Scottsdale Fire Department||8401 E Indian School Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251|
|Tempe Fire Medical Rescue Department||21 E 6th St, Tempe, AZ 85281|
|Glendale Fire Department||6825 N 57th Dr, Glendale, AZ 85301|
|Gilbert Fire Department||85 W Civic Center Dr, Gilbert, AZ 85296|
|Peoria Fire-Medical Department||8351 W Cinnabar Ave, Peoria, AZ 85345|
|Surprise Fire Department||14250 W Statler Plaza Suite 101, Surprise, AZ 85374|
An organization in Arizona with causes
Various organizations have come out to accept different types of real estate for donation. In this way, you can donate your manufactured trailer homes in Arizona, and you don’t have to worry about how to get rid of them.
When donating mobile homes, the process is much more straightforward than selling them outright. You can donate your manufactured home in Arizona without going through the standard real estate market route – which can be quite time-consuming and expensive. Instead, you are simply giving it away as an act of charity or generosity.
With your donation, this organization gets funds from the sale of your old mobile home. Such funds are then put into programs that assist different communities or specific vulnerable individuals.
Churches in your community may be willing to accept your mobile homes, be they trailer homes or manufactured mobile homes. Mobile homes are an excellent way to help churches and other organizations in need of housing. With the rising rates of homelessness, donating mobile homes can significantly impact those who don’t have access to traditional housing options.
Steps To Donate A Mobile Home in Arizona
• Get in touch with authorized and qualified charities that are recognized by the IRS. You may also enquire from the charity if they accept manufactured homes as donations. And as much as some do take donations, others will hesitate due to factors such as the cost of moving or repairing the mobile home, which may be a financial burden to them. Other charities, like organizations in education or churches, may take manufactured homes to use as temporary facilities for their operations.
|Habitat for Humanity Central Arizona||9133 N. 7th St., Phoenix, AZ 85020|
|St. Vincent de Paul||420 W Watkins Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85003|
|Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona||2626 W Beryl Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021|
|The Salvation Army||2707 E Van Buren St, Phoenix, AZ 85008|
|Arizona Helping Hands||3110 E Thunderbird Rd #100, Phoenix, AZ 85032|
• Check the requirements you are supposed to meet for the charity to accept your manufactured home. Some will accept the manufactured home as it is, while some may require it to have passed an inspection and verified as radon and asbestos free. Other charities may be willing to accept your manufactured home if you can deliver it to them, while others may take ownership of the home themselves. Some charities have been known to also accept such homes if you are willing to donate the land the mobile home is sitting on in Arizona.
• Confirm the state regulations concerning donating or selling a mobile home. It’s a requirement for some to have a title on your mobile home as opposed to a deed. You will also have to assign the title to the recipient. A deed will have to be included if you are also donating the land together with the mobile home. This is because it would require separate paperwork as the IRS treats land donations separately.
• Manufactured homes are taken as personal property. This requires you to procure a market value statement for it. The IRS dictates that you are only permitted to deduct the fair market value of a personal property and not the value appraised. Your local bank should provide the market value statement. You can obtain a statement of market value from your insurance agent or local bank and have it notarized.
• Secure a receipt from the charity organization that indicates the acceptance of your donation.
Notable Cause In Helping Others
It may be time to get rid of that mobile home taking up your space, creating an eyesore for you. Removal or revamping costs may be an issue, but charitable organizations are just a phone call away from donating your manufactured mobile home. And what’s more? Some can even do it for free! And in this way, you may have just taken the initiative for a good cause to help others in need.
Check with us to see if we can help you donate your mobile home →
In conclusion, charities that handle mobile home donations regularly are more than ready to assist you throughout the process that may seem strenuous to you. They will make the process easier and as less complicated as it can be. Most of these charity organizations understand some donors don’t like the idea of going through the hustle and bustle of donating their manufactured mobile homes; thus, they will make it easy for you.